Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Meaningless

Truth be told, if I have a choice, I would have despised all those who are below me. People who have limitless excuses to themselves, people who thinks they own it all when they truly don't and tons and tons of people who think that they're good except that they are only good because the average 5 person around them are morons.

But my religion dictate otherwise. And my mind dictate otherwise of my evil heart intends.

It bitters me every single time when people complains about their life when they have so much goodness, only to not realize. True loneliness does not lies in not owning a Prada, Patek Phillipe or Cartier like others do. True loneliness is when the people around you, amplified, close people around you, who does not understand you when they should. Such is the fact of returning home that feels foreign.

Nothing is familiar to me at home.Nothing is crappier than to have strangers that identify more than a family member or close friends should. I constantly asked, who is going to answer my needs when I am constantly trying to answer people's needs, fair and just, to the best of my ability. Again, my religion dictate otherwise.

Perhaps when Simon of Cyrene was pressed upon by the Romans to carry Jesus' cross when he passed by while Jesus was on the way to Golgotha, that was a true illustration that God was trying to show. That it is never easy to carry a cross. The fact that Simon traveled 900 miles from Cyrene, the modern day Libya, to celebrate the Passover Feast at Jerusalem, only to have his hands dirtied and tired from the journey. And that is even before he got to enter Jerusalem.

Maybe when people commit adultery and extra-marital affairs, it is not so surprising. Perhaps the reason is only as simple as the existing relationship that has gone cold unknowingly and both parties just simply does not understand each other anymore. However, that should never be an excuse in any ways.

- Ben


No comments: