Friday, July 04, 2014

Crush Crush Crush

Time has been scarce for me recently, especially this week. Finally have some time to sit down and have some personally time to reflect. Funny thing is, I'm sitting Orlando's Jamming Studio now because I knock off so early and the jam only starts at 8pm.

Orlando, what a memory lane. My very first band started here. Remembering the many time I used to rush here for band practice just so that we can work our way towards performing standard but only to fall because one by one, each member keeps leaving. Good times. I guess it is also a place I spent myself committed to in my younger days after breaking up with Pinky.

Work has recently been rather tough than usual. It is to be expected I guess since this is the world of Finance sector, where closing and opening makes everyone go mad, especially now that it is mid year closing for everyone, not just me.

Having not see him for more than a week, it seems that distance does help me to get some fresh space in my brain. To think about what is right, what matters most, what is priority and what is righteous. Reading many articles and seeing how a lot of homosexuals like myself struggles, I guess there is only one common insight to take back - everyone who struggles through aren't selfish people that put their own needs first. Perhaps, that can be a rather noble sentence I figured. However, if all Jesus thought about is how He is going to be crucified and how everyone is gonna turn their back on Him at the very last moment - and that includes Peter, the one who He calls The Rock, perhaps Jesus wouldn't have went to the cross.

In hindsight, true giving and blessing is never about expecting returns, only to see the gain of others and be happy about it. I need to be happy about being able to put him above my own emotional needs. Perhaps this is a unique struggle that God has given me to go through ? In anyway, I know I have the Words to look to, that is "he who sharpens others sharpens himself".

Jam's about to start. Time to rock that Marshall amp.

- Ben

Crush crush crush because that's the very first song I played in Orlando.

No comments: